Monday, March 2

Newcastle train update


As many of you planning to travel to Newcastle on Wednesday night by train will be aware, the last reasonable service home leaves Newcastle at 21:47 - just minutes after the final whistle.

This blog has put in a formal request to First, which operates the Transpennine Express trains from Newcastle to Manchester to delay the departure time until 22:07.

They are still thinking about it, and will get back to us later today.

In the meantime, customer relations advisor Ian Davies said: "As a customer-led business we will always strive to meet the needs of as many of our passengers as we can, but it does mean that much as we should like to do so, we cannot please everyone.

"Our train services are subject to regular review and do try and take into account football matches but I regret engineering works are already scheduled to take place between York and Thirsk but I can certainly highlight your concern to our Train Planning Team."

His colleague, Simon Prichard, added: "I can confirm that my colleague will be in touch directly if he receives a response from our train planning team about the possibility of amending this service."

1 comment:

isa532 said...

hi!! i'm a spanish girl.i love the english.please add me and learnt to me English.my msn is:midr12@hotmail.com